Bicycle Kid.

Am starting my very first post on my very first blog with this quote. It does really take a long time to become young!

This post is dedicated to someone I love and miss so much. To my grandpa :) U were the best!

Going back to the 90's. Being the first kid in the family, being the kid who had both her parents houses just 1km apart, and being at the liberty to choose at which place she gets to sleep, I was never keen on choosing amma's home because it was only a 2min walk away from my KG school. I hated school. And amma was keen on the opposite. She loved spending time with my grandpa, and of course, grandma too. :) 
My grandpa had a bicycle.
He always used to come to my school, minutes and even hours before the last bell, and would wait for me patiently with his cycle. He had lots of friends, in and around my school. He was just like me, always making new friends and cheerful!
Grandpa's cycle had a kiddie seat in front, which he had fitted just for me :) I used to feel like a queen sitting on it, enjoying the motion on 2 wheels, while he pedalled on and on, taking the longest routes to reach home.

After some years, at 18 years, I got my license and took my dad's activa, and fled towards amma's home to give everyone there the good news :P
Later, even though grandpa was ageing, he agreed to come on a ride with me.
And thus we went, sailing through the NH, through the small side roads, through Kochi's famous gutters and through the traffic blocks. The roads might have changed over the years, but we were still the same people with the same thoughts, and the same joys. We went around my KG school and even that looked the same. The people around still had the same smile. The trees had the same wave. Only change was, we were on a scooter, I was the driver and the person at the back, my grandpa, had become young again.






Picture courtesy: Google Images

14 comments:

  1. Hey Keerthi,

    First of all congrats on you new blog! This post touched my heart. It brought back memories which I had with my grandpa. :) Grandparents are the best in this world.

    I hope you continue writing and updating your blog. Add more widgets so that other people can join and follow your blog! :)

    With Love,


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You :) Yeah, might take some time, but I'll try to fill it up :P Looking forward for suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. short and sweet .....!!!!! keeeeep writing.....!!!! sometimes i wish if i could record our coversations about movies , books and certain songs and publish it.. :p ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks !!
      hehe now, that's an idea ;P

      Delete
  4. wow..!!
    its really good...
    keep writing sis and god bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good stuff..keep it up n keep writing... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anoop :) I'l be looking forward to your suggestions and comments. :D

      Delete
  6. Keerthy, I have seen Veliyauncle going around in bicycle during late 2000's too. I used to tell Achhan how energetic he was, even at that age. Your post was definitely, touching.

    resmi chechi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Resmi chechi..Appuppa used to ride his cycle all the way to our house at Vyttila to check on me or amma, every time one of us fell sick. And every time amma used to tell appuppa either to come walking, take an auto or come with maaman :) amma would worry until Appuppa reached back home safely..

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! made me nostalgic about my Grand father's cycle too :) Though I hadn't rode with him regularly :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Anil...and am sorry about that.. u know, cycle rides alone are awesome too! :P

      Delete