You've got a friend in me :)

This is just my take on 'How friendship gets stronger over the years'. :P


When you meet someone, it takes some time till you get to know who he/she is, it takes time for him/her to get to know you too. For some, it might take just 1 day, for some, maybe 1 year. 
But once you do, then it's gonna stay forever! :)


When I first met my best friend in college, we had nothing much to talk about. We both liked the third bench of the first row, window seat, and that's where we started our never ending (I hope so :P ) friendship!
There's always a common link between people that make them drawn towards the other. In our case, it was books! :D Specifically, Dan Brown's Deception Point. One of us got the book from the library, the other had never read a Dan Brown book, so we decided to share. We had it hidden under our desk, and any free time we get, we'd read it together. And yeah, we finished it together, and we had the same opinion about the book. :)

  


 We used to talk very little the first few days of college,.. But now, well, the opposite!

An example, maybe? :P

Scene: First day of college. They've just met!

Person 1: Hey!
Person 2: Hi.

Person 1: So..guess we are stuck in this class till 12 o'clock. I heard that's when they are giving the announcement.

(In mind: Oh, please be a talker! Or else I've got to sit and sulk alone in this room.. I'll be stuck for good.)
  
Person 2: Oh.. okay! 

(Shoot! That was rude of me. 'Oh okay?' Like I don't know any other words! Damn.. And he was actually trying to make a conversation!)

Person 1: (In mind: Yeah, am stuck in a hot, mosquito filled room with a silencer <looks at neighbour>, and my phone's out of battery. Great!)

Person 2: (I should say something. But what? Maybe about how hot its in here.. Or about the damn mosquitoes.. Or maybe I'll wait for him to talk.)

Person 1: (C'mon Phone!! Don't die on me!! Not today, not now! Aargh! )

Person 2: Hey I didn't catch your name..? Am ____. From____. U'r from around here or staying in hostel?

(There! General topics. Now that ought to bring up a conversation. )

Person 1: (Finally!! Thank You God :P )

Am from around here. Got a bike. And yeah license too <smiles>. And you?

Person 2: Me too from around here. Though I ain't got a bike.





(I could get lifts from this guy! :D )





Few years later.... at their Graduation Ceremony. Back at the place where they had first met and chatted.



Person 1:  This is it, man! We'l be going our separate ways now. Sigh!

(I see the mosquitoes are still here :@ )

Person 2: Yeah man! Its kinda sad..
                Wow. Are they breeding mosquitoes in here!?

(Buzz..Buzz.. Yep! one down, lots more to go)

Person 1: Yeah! I was thinking the same! Lol.

(Buzz.. Buzz.. Smash! No! Smash again.. And.. Gotcha! RIP)

Person 2: Wow. I remember, the first time we were in this room. So long back. We didn't talk much then!

Person 1:  Yep. I did talk, You didn't. <smirks>

Person 2:  Well I did too, eventually. <Grins>



That conversation was too short, I know. The idea was just to show that when we meet anyone, we talk to ourselves more. We think so much, and then say the bare minimum. Maybe that's because they can judge who we are by what we say. And we don't wanna make a bad impression!

But after the first time, we don't really care what others think, we open up. They do too. That's how friendships are born. And believe me, they'l last longer than the case where you open up completely to a stranger, who you thought might make a good friend. That could turn to a grave mistake. 

There are friends who fight every single day and make up over a phone or message, or not talk at all. But still, they are always together. I really don't get this, but I've seen them doing that every single day!

There are others, who get along really well from the very first, but after some days, by just observing them, you can clearly see that its all an effort. There is no real rope that holds them together, its just a thin, transparent thread. 

Our parents might have made us believe, 'Don't talk to strangers' when we were kids, but as we grow older we'l realise that 'A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet'! And hey, you could be wrong too. That's life!


I've made a lot of friends over the years, of course, so have you. Some of them you'd want to forget, some of them you do forget unintentionally, some of them you can never forget. Its a whole new kind of happiness when you meet your old buddies <3. 
I recently got in touch with someone I knew (almost 10) years back. She was my best friend in school!! :)) 
@Bhumi  http://howdypancakes.blogspot.in/ 
Thanks to twitter, I found a profile with her name, and thanks to slideshare and facebook, she found me back :)
Thus, as if in a movie, which was paused 10years back, our friendship began again, unhindered by the 10 year gap. :) 

True friendship is effortless, enjoyable, there's mutual understanding. Its a blessing when you find true friends wherever you go! ^^

For all my friends, and for the one's I am yet to meet..

Hopefully, one day our sidewalks will meet! :)


Picture courtesy: Google Images

4 comments:

  1. good lord..! you are evolving as a writer..!! :P :P yes books and movies are the one that bind us together.. :) :) i sooo love our discussions on it..!! :P :P loved this post esp the sentence "when we meet anyone, we talk to ourselves more" soo true.. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yehh dostii hum nahii chodengee.... <3
    Friendship is not a big thing...It's a million little things!!

    Blog is getting better keerthy! Way to go girl! :-*

    ReplyDelete